RWE newcomer Thomas Eisfeld: "Arsenal came out of nothing"

If on Sunday (2 pm), the duel between red-white food and Prussia Münster is kicked off, Thomas Eisfeld is back on the square with safety. Since he signed at the Hafenstraße in winter, RWE coach Christian Neidhart ordered him twice on the field, only for 20 minutes against Fortuna Düsseldorf II - at the 4: 1 success, he delivered a goal and an assist, that is a dream debut. Furthermore, there were already 84 minutes against the VFB Homberg (1: 0).

Thomas Eisfeld:

Eating red-white? Ice field decides

Ice field should slowly be introduced to the intensity of the West Season - the 29-year-old was without club for half a year. After his farewell of Bundesliga newcomer VfL Bochum, no club was first. A change to RWE, which the responsible persons wanted to initiate at the time, rejected ice field - before he considered it differently in this winter and given the commitment. "Honestly," says Eisfeld in the Sunday interview, "In the summer I did not think that I would incur in the Regionalliga West." In conversation with those responsible, he has then noticed "that they follow a clear plan".

How far he is physically after the half-year phase without employment, "difficult to quantify," he explains. "The basic duration is there, the latteriness is still missing in some actions. However, I realize how it gets better." Just in front of the top duel against Münster. "My teammates have already told me from the first leg, where we were able to win after a 0-2 residue 3: 2. How we deal as a team with setbacks and come back again and again, belongs to our strengths," says Eisfeld. And: "After the previous season, we have every reason to believe in a victory. We should be so self-confident."

Eisfield is in any case, can be born by its rich experience. His time at the FC Arsenal from January 2012 to July 2014 became a career highlight. "I've never made a secret that it was my dream to play for the FC Arsenal someday," he reports. "The club had a great radiance with players like Thierry Henry. At the end of January 2012, my consultant came to me and said that the FC Arsenal is actually interested in me." The change from the youth of BVB to London was "quasi as did not come from."

I had huge respect for the well-known names. Looking back, it was almost a little too much.

Thomas ice field

Suddenly ice field coincided with top stars, met with players like Mertesacker, Tomas Rosicky or Lukas Podolski. "Rosicky was even my role model through my time at BVB. Then train with him, a great thing was, as well as by Mertesacker, he immediately offered me assistance when I need help with anything. They made me easier to get in London So that as a young player, I had the feeling of being a part of the team. I had huge respect for the well-known names. Backless it was almost a little too much. "

In London, he ultimately came to two professional missions and 40 games for the U 23 have remained above all memories and interpersonal relationships. With Nationalsturmer Serge Gnabry, ice field played a lot in the second representation of the FC Arsenal. "The contact has stayed until today. We continue to see ourselves very well."

The entire interview with Thomas Eisfeld can be read in the print edition of the Sunday on Thursday or nationwide in the emagazine. In it, ice field reveals special moments in the jersey of the FC Arsenal and what he likes in the regional league - he also talks about the special pressure situation with traditional club red-white food.

Comments